Saturday, June 29, 2013

Hi Everyone! (MTC week 2)

Week two MTC email:

Hi Everyone!
Kamusta po kayo? That means how are you? All is well here in the MTC. This Tuesday was Wonderful. We had Janice Kapp Perry come to speak to us. She composed As Sisters in Zion in our hymbook and many of the children's primary songs. It was great! She was hilarious! I thoroughly loved it. Brother Kapp Perry told us he only spent one week in the MTC to learn French! One week then he took two trains and a boat to get to his mission! Then he had to make a chapel to meet in out of a grocery store and now there are two wards where he did that! It is just crazy to think about. Janice Kapp Perry told us that her husbands first line to her was "I was thinking those lips were made for something better than playing the clarinet." (She was playing the clarinet at the time). Hahaha We all laughed and then he proceeded to come over and kiss her. And then again. Haha it was hilarious. Then Sister Kapp Perry Said, "Don't think about that until much, much later. I won't tell that story again... Or maybe I will." She was hilarous. She also said, " I know that man like a book... Just sometimes I don't know what page he's on." We also sang a new version of the As Sisters in Zion and Army of Helaman Meddley. It was really good. I liked it a lot. That was the hilight of my week. The rest of the week I spent learning Tagalog, which is not easy, but I know it will be worth it. My investigator that I taught the first week of the MTC went from being the one taught to the teacher. That has been interesting. She is really short and I am beginning to understand what it is going to feel like in the Philippines. I have a corny joke I heard for you all that remineded me of my dad. Did you hear about the circus?....... It was in tents (intense). If there is anything that I have learned hear it is that we have to serve God with all our hearts and have faith in Him that as long as we are doing what we feel is his will, then all will work out. I am learning so much about teaching people and not just lessons. God loves everyone and he wants us all to be happy. He gives us scriptures, prophets, the atonement, and everything else we have because he loves us and he wants us to return to live with him again. Alam ko po na totoo ang ebanhelyo. Alam ko po na propeta si Thomas S. Monson. Alam ko po na totoo an Aklat ni Mormon. Si pangalan ni Jesucristo Amen.
Mahal Kita!
Sister Jensen
P.S. I didn't get everyone's e-mails so feel free to pass it along if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment