Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Ready, set, train... What?

Dear Family and Friends,


Well, it has been four months here in the field... And five months since I entered the MTC. And now.. Now, I have been called to be a trainer to train another missionary. I cannot tell you how weird it is to me that I am training someone else when I still really don't know the language and especially since they do know the language. It would seem like they should be the ones speaking all the time, but instead it is me and she adds input. Her name is Sister P. She is 21 and is Bisaya. So, she is even older than me! Nevertheless, I don't feel like I am really training her, I feel like she is training me for the most part. Actually I really love it because we are helping each other. She went out with missionaries before she came here. Youth are actually really good about that here. Anyways, she has really good input in our lessons and if I don't understand the question then she does and answers, during her answer I usually figure out what the question was and more fully answer it. 



Sometimes people don't understand what I am telling them though because it is Taglish and they didn't understand the words so it is crazy.. But even if they don't always understand they still listen. Sister P. says it is because I am so beautiful. Then I feel like, "Great... I don't want people to listen to me because I am beautiful.. I want them to be interested in my message... But I guess at least they are learning about the Gospel." We ask questions to check for understanding, if they didn't understand Sister P. helps me out. Either way, we are spreading the Gospel. I am still learning Tagalog. We are going to work together to help one another with english and Tagalog and talk to each other in it. She is patient and doesn't get frustrated when she has to retell me a word.. at least not so far haha. We are learning and growing together. I really like it. It is a much different experience than before. 

All is well here, I am loving it! Sometimes I feel inadequate, but I know that God helps me and is here for me. Leading the area is different too and sometimes the people expect me to be fluent in Tagalog and there are words I don't understand haha. Sometimes that is embarrassing too. But I am learning. I hope I will be fluent soon. And I know that I have all of your love and support. Thank you!

Love, 
Sister Jensen
Sister J., Sister A., Sister Jensen, and Sister P..
New Companions!


Sister Jensen, Sister P., Sister L., and Sister H. 
My "anak" and Sister Hess and her "anak"


Sister Jensen, Sister P, Sister B, and Sister S.
Sister Jensen was in the MTC with Sister B.




No comments:

Post a Comment